Blue Card (Armed Sec) / Gold Card (BEA) Re-Certification
Click here to view our Training and Event Calendar to see when the next class is.
*Gold Card armed Bail Enforcement Agent, Professional or Surety Bondsman will need to complete a yearly refresher firearms course. This is a 4 hour classroom course and written exam, plus range qualification with the same firearms(s) to be carried on the job. You must successfully complete the required training and failure to completely will result in their Bail Enforcement Agent or Professional/Surety Bondsman Firearms Permit being revoked. Any questions should be directed to Special Licensing and Firearms Unit at (860) 685-8160.
*Blue Card (Armed Sec) - As of October 1, 2004, it will be a prerequisite that all Armed Security Officers will need to qualify on a yearly basis with the weapon that they will be using in the capacity of their employment position. Documentation of this training must be supplied to the Special Licensing & Firearms Unit.
The re-certification needs to be done yearly, 90 days before the expiration date on there Class 1/Pistol Permit License.
Example: If your pistol permit expires on September 9, 2014, you have to take the 4 hour Blue Card Re-Certification course before September 9th on the years 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. When you go to renew your CT Pistol Permit and you have the enforcement Class 1, If there are not 5 Blue Card Re-certification Certificates on file for you, your permit will get renewed but not your Class 1. If this happens and you are working as an Armed Security Officer your Class 1 inducement will be removed. If you have any questions please contact us.
Students must qualify with the firearm they will be working with for their job.
Course content includes:
- Understanding the law relative to the use of force in self-defense;
- Legal justification for the use of force;
- Alternatives to the use of deadly force;
- Re-certification is required on an annual basis and the material covered is required by the state.
- Course fees include targets and safety equipment as well classroom handouts and materials.
- Ammo is NOT included
- You will need 50rds to qualify with
- If you would like to add an additional firearm/s, each firearm will be an additional $25
If your employer is planning on paying for the certification for you please contact us a head of time.
To ensure a seat in the class, you must pre-register.
There are 2 ways to register:
- Come to the range and leave a deposit,
- Call the range and leave a deposit over the phone