Lowlight Shooting Techniques
Click here to view our Training and Event Calendar to see when the next class is.
Many defensive minded individuals carry firearms to protect themselves and families, but how many carry a flashlight, and how many of them have been trained in flashlight techniques. This class attacks that head on, giving the shooter an understanding of how the human eye works in various light conditions, types of flashlights, deployment of lights, Use of cover/concealment with flashlights and many more advanced skills. When you control the light, you control the environment.
Students are required to successfully complete "Mastering the Fundamentals of Shooting" along with "Defensive Pistol I" prior to taking this class or can provide proof of equivalent training somewhere else.
This is an 8 hour course
- Human Vision
- Types of Flashlights
- Flashlight/pistol carry methods
- Deployment of flashlights
- Identifying threats
- Multiple targets
- Using Cover & Concealment with lights
- Shooting & Moving
- Malfunction drills & reloads with flashlights
- Pistol or Revolver
- 3 magazines or speed loaders
- Belt holster, mag carrier, and a belt.
- Tactical flashlight (surefire, streamlight etc.)
- Extra batteries
- Cover garment (vest or shirt)
- Minimum 300 rounds of ammo
- Although not required, a baseball hat may help keep hot brass from hitting your face!
To ensure a seat in the class, you must pre-register.
There are 2 ways to register:
- Come to the range and leave a deposit,
- Call the range and leave a deposit over the phone